Material choice –plastic
- Fully recyclable – stable and widely recycled globally
- Stackable - reducing freight requirements and carbon footprint
- Fit for purpose – heat resistant, lightweight, unbreakable
- Provides low embodied energy manufacturing capabilities
- Independently tested to ensure it is BPA and BPS free
While there are alternative materials on the market, such as corn based plastics, they are not the best material for repeated use with hot liquid.
Is it recycled?
Due to worldwide food safety regulations inc.EU 10/2011, FDA CFTTitle 21 and the Japan Food Sanitation Law, the use of recycled plastic for multiple use items is not currently recommended for food-contact articles.
This is mainly due to the threat of contaminates from non-food safe chemicals throughout the recycling process. To ensure the safety of our consumers, long product life, and safety for use with hot beverages, KeepCup Original are created from polypropylene.
Material choice – glass
- Fit for Purpose – made from tempered soda lime glass
- Designed for long life – durable and shock resistant
- Independently tested to ensure they are lead and cadmium free
- We estimate KeepCup Brew has a breakeven with disposable cups as low as 15 uses, including manufacturing and washing, compared to a disposable cup Material choice
Material choice - cork
- Sustainably sourced - from the ancient cork oak forests of Portugal
- Recycled – it is a by-product manufactured from recycled waste material from the wine industry
- Fit for purpose - light, antibacterial, superior thermal qualities
- Biodegradable – sustainable disposal